If you’re going to use aluminum nipples for lower rotating weight and attractive colors, then splined drive is your smart option. Used in proprietary form by wheel companies (Mavic, DT, etc.), this method has not been successfully commercialized until now. Our splined nipples are:
• Lighter than square drive
• Cannot strip (spoke breaks first)
• Aerospace aluminum (2024-T6)
• Nearly impossible to scratch color
• A wrench fit every 60° (aka faster)
• Wrench stays put, much more stable
• Sleek, distinctive, better engineering
• Available in 13 colors (14G) and b/s (15G)
For a more complete discussion of the advantages, read here.
When you order, feel free to mix quantities for price breaks. Nipples do not include spoke wrench. Please list your quantity and color in notes on the checkout page.