Tension data can be outputted to a computer by typing each reading into the Spokeservice.ca tension utility or with a dedicated cable system.
For current (Jan 2019 +) digital tools, order the iGaging foot pedal system.
For the Original tensiometer (discontinued but supported) you need the matching cable called “Classic.” Classic and iGaging cables can’t be interchanged.
For the Mitutoyo or Digimatic tensiometers, a foot pedal cable is available. A Mitutoyo cable without pedal will also work with either, utilizing a button.
All cables are compatible with all computers and with the SpokeService.ca tension utility which supports automatic zeroing. It’s easy:
- Connect the cable to your tensiometer.
- Open the utility (once open it runs entirely in your browser, no sustained web connection needed) and place the cursor in the first tension cell.
- Manually zero the tensiometer on this first spoke only. Also press zero on the cable box.
- Release and observe the reading. Now press foot switch (or the cable button) to input the number into the utility, which will convert it to actual kgf and begin building a radar chart (for archive or customer sharing).
- On the second spoke, place the tool. If it is not zeroed, rather than zero it manually, press the cable button once. This automatically signals the utility to adjust.
- Now release (observe your reading) and press the button once more. The data is sent to the utility where it is adjusted, converted to actual tension, and entered in the spreadsheet.
Complete instructions accompany all cables.