Wheel Fanatyk Tensiometer Data Output Instruction
1. With your Windows based computer running, start Excel.
2. Plug the USB connector into a USB port on the computer. Plug the mini USB end of the cable into the port on the tensiometer.
3. Put the cursor into a cell in the Excel spreadsheet. Turn on the tensiometer.
4. Attach the tensiometer to a spoke in a wheel to gauge the tension. Before releasing the spring-loaded handle, press the ZERO button (same as without data output).
5. Press the ZERO button on the cable box.
6. Release the spring-loaded handle so the anvil presses on the spoke mid-span. When you see a value on the tensiometer, press the DATA button on the cable box. This places the value on the tensiometer into the Excel spreadsheet cell.
7. Repeat steps 4-6 for each measurement.
This set of instructions was tested repeatedly on PC’s running Windows XP and using Microsoft Office 2007. The cable does not show up on the computer as an active device such as a flash drive, but it will input data if you follow the directions above.